Quantcast

Twitter, Facebook Muzzle Trump; Gab CEO Extends Invitation

(Associated Press) In an unprecedented step, Facebook and Twitter suspended President Donald Trump from posting to their platforms Wednesday following the storming of the U.S. Capitol by his supporters.

Twitter locked Trump out of his account for 12 hours and said that future violations by Trump could result in a permanent suspension. The company required the removal of three of Trump’s tweets, including a short video in which he urged those supporters to “go home”…

Facebook and Instagram, which Facebook owns, followed up in the evening, announcing that Trump wouldn’t be able to post for 24 hours following two violations of its policies. The White House did not immediately offer a response to the actions.

Guy Rosen, Facebook’s vice president of integrity, said on Twitter Wednesday that the video was removed because it “contributes to rather than diminishes the risk of ongoing violence.”

“This is an emergency situation and we are taking appropriate emergency measures, including removing President Trump’s video,” Rosen said on Twitter.

Twitter initially left the video up but blocked people from being able to retweet it or comment on it. Only later in the day did the platform delete it entirely.

Trump opened his video saying, “I know your pain. I know your hurt. But you have to go home now.”


Gab Founder & CEO Working to Get Trump on the Social Media Site

(Joshua Paladino, Headline USA) Gab Founder and CEO Andrew Torba said he’s contacted President Donald Trump‘s team to get him on the conservative friendly social media platform.

Torba said the website had previously reserved Trump’s official Gab account (gab.com/realdonaldtrump), and it has nearly 422,000 followers waiting for his posts, Gab reported.

“This is a coup on our country by foreigner-run Big Tech companies,” Torba said. “It must not stand. Something must be done and at Gab we are building solutions. The government has done nothing and will do nothing. No one is coming to save us. We must save ourselves.”

Torba’s efforts come in response to news that Facebook, YouTube, and Twitter have frozen Trump’s accounts until he deletes posts that call for peace while challenging the election’s outcome.

“Our task is not an easy one, but neither was the task of our Founding Fathers. We must fight to defend free speech on the internet now more than ever,” Torba said. “Our country, and indeed the world, depends on it. Our children are counting on us to rise to the occasion and defend freedom just as so many have done before us.”

TRENDING NOW

‘Wet Back Power’ Gang Member Impersonated Cop to Rob and Terrorize Casino Winners

(Casino.org) An Arizona gang member who posed as a police officer to abduct two women and rob them of their casino winnings was arrested...

Keystone XL Pipeline Halted as Biden Revokes Permit

(Headline USA) Construction on the long disputed Keystone XL oil pipeline halted Wednesday as incoming U.S. President Joe Biden revoked its permit on his first...

Woman Accused of Helping Steal Pelosi Laptop Freed from Jail

(Associated Press) A Pennsylvania woman facing charges that she helped steal a laptop from the office of House Speaker Nancy Pelosi during...

Powerball Jackpot Winner Worth $731.1M Sold in Maryland

(Associated Press) The jackpot-winning Powerball ticket worth $731.1 million was sold in a struggling coal mining town whose biggest previous claim to...

As States Struggle with Vaccine Scarcity, Canada Begs Biden for Help

(Associated Press) For the second day running, Britain had another record increase in coronavirus-related deaths. The government says another...